atw: Re: First impressions of Google Wave? Qualified 'tick'

  • From: "Geoffrey Marnell" <geoffrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 18:08:27 +1100

Matthew,

You have misled me. With excited anticipation I ploughed through your
so-called feature (reading the very first paragraph thrice and only
understanding it when I gave up and read your second paragraph) and did not
find my question answered at all. In fact, there was nothing in it at all
about server farms, the energy they use, nor the Google teams that go from
country to country negotiating for places (and special deals)  to set up new
electricity generating plants in order to support their Fibonacci-exploding
server farms. The fact that some people find social media useful is neither
here nor there. I'm sure that loggers find forests useful, coal miners find
rich coal seams useful, and heroin addicts find teaspoons useful, but ...

In the grander scheme of things, perhaps it's time to break the surface of
the river.

Geoffrey Marnell
Principal Consultant
Abelard Consulting Pty Ltd