atw: Re: Enough of this OT stuff!

  • From: "Christine Kent" <cmkentau@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 10:00:04 +0100

For digest-ers, your personal solution is simple.  Go from digest to
individual mails, then set Outlook to sort all ATW emails into a single
folder.  Then you can read them daily, correctly formatted, and delete all
those that offend.  Ie, take responsibility for yourselves.

To relative newcomers to this group, this is a family as well as a
professional group. The industry is small and the same people are endlessly
recycled, so we meet up on projects quite often.  Whilst I do not approve of
the way some behave from time to time, it sorts itself out.  We have been
sorting ourselves out for far too many years for comfort, and do not need
those who never add value to the group, never ask or answer questions, never
contribute to discussions, or in any other positive way contribute anything
to the group, to tell us what to do.

Become an active member of the group, adding value, and maybe then you have
the right to be critical.

And really, that is what this groups needs.  We need new contributors (other
than newbies looking to enter an already overcrowded profession).  We need
intelligent conversation on changes to the industry, on the impacts of
technology and outsourcing, and many other topics.  All those critical of
the stagnant nature of the group currently, please feel free to stir it up
with intelligent conversation rather than criticism.

And for those who have never experienced really bad groups, you have no idea
how vicious editors can be!

Christine