atw: Re: Conditional text in Word- does ir exist?

  • From: "Lewington, Warren J (WT)" <warren.lewington.ext@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 20:09:21 -0400

There are several other ways that might work for you here other than
hidden text methods (which from my memory leave the paragraph in place,
so you end up with holes in the document).

One thing to try is the use of master and sub document systems. This is
complicated to learn, although, when done properly, is a stable system.

Another is using a merge format setup. So you create a large spreadsheet
containing the content or a source content document and pull in the
relevant information chunks into an output document according to your
requirements.

Regards,
Warren