atw: Re: 2015 OCR state of the art

  • From: Jacques CABESSA <jacques.cabessa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 11:21:57 +0100

A while ago I subscribed to Adobe OCR services supposed to convert pdf into word files and I was quite disappointed because of the amount of manual work that had to be performed afterwards on the "recognized files". Useless to say that I did not renew the subsription.

--
Jacques CABESSA
Tel : +33 (0)3 88 35 68 46

Le 01/12/2014 01:06, Warren Lewington a écrit :

I’ve been using the OCR functions in Adobe Acrobat Professional and it isn’t half bad. Certainly it is not foolproof and it works better with well copied/high resolution photocopies than it does with poor quality stuff but it does work.

As an interim I would be more than happy to use it.