atw: Enough of this OT stuff!

  • From: Howard Silcock <howard.silcock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 09:35:39 +1000

Can we restore some sanity to this list? There's been a tradition of
providing some leeway to people who veera bit off topic now and then,
particularly if they warn us by putting OT in the subject line. But I don't
think this tolerance should extend to providing people with a platform for
their own viewpoint on subjects that have nothing to do with the purpose of
this list. I don't agree with Christine that it's OK for us to discuss
whatever we like provided we use the OT tag. The list has a stated purpose
and people subscribe expecting to discuss topics relating to that purpose.
Why should we provide a platform for Rod or anyone else to bombard us with
his or her political views? He or she could set up his or her own list
instead of using us as a captive audience.
I'm not trying to suppress you, Rod - you're just in the wrong place.

Howard