atw: Canberra position - Bid Editor

  • From: "Bridget Knaus" <bridget.knaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 16:00:28 +1100

I'm posting the following position for Dayle Matthews of Frontier Group
- you may remember him - he posted the position last week. It had a job
description that went something like
"d29yayBJbXBsZW1lbnRhdGlvbi8gSW50ZWdyYXRpb24unRpbn....."
If you are interested in the position, please respond to the contact
details in the message NOT to me. I have nothing to do with either the
job or the salary being offered.

And if anyone can tell Dayle how to stop his messages being turned into
gobbledegook I'm sure he'd really appreciate it. I know he's been trying
to get in touch with the list administrator. His email is
dayle.mathews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bridget

*****************

Bid Editor

* Leading global technology company

* Permanent position based in Canberra

* $40,000 package

In your role as the Bid Editor, you will be responsible for preparing &
QA of all bid documentation. You will be the writing expert in the Bid
Group, & are seen as adding value that results in superior documentation
that sells well. You will determine what content is in or out, or needs
to be reworked, and hold discussions to resolve any differences of
opinion. Ultimately, if content is sub-standard & the timeframes do not
allow for rework, your role as the Bid Editor will have an influence on
whether the bid is submitted or not. Education, Experience, Skills &
Competencies Required:

* Proofreading skills

* Copyediting & writing skills

* Content structure & design skills

* Requirements analysis skills

* High-proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel & Adobe Acrobat

* Proficiency with MS PowerPoint & MS Project

* Experience with document management systems

* Ability to work to deadlines

* Ability to identify & escalate issues when necessary

* Strong interpersonal skills & the maturity to work with a range of
people

* High level of motivation & willingness to learn & share knowledge

* An understanding of the factors & concepts that need to be considered
when writing sales documentation

* An interest in the IT industry

* Degree qualifications in a relevant field would be beneficial

For full job specification and selection criteria, please send your
resume to Michelle Targett at michelle.targett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx