[austechwriter] Re: Sec Unclassified; RE: Re: Enter vs. Type and Read Me Firstrecommendation

  • From: "beadle whitehead" <beadle580@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 20:16:14 +0530

I find that Type or Enter depends on the audience and their level of
familiarity with computers.
A good fall back is
   Type blah and press Enter
where blah is bolded or in Arial or whatever so it can be seen clearly.

Using
    type 'blah' and press Enter.
can lead to the quotes being included and even the fullstop after Enter
being typed

BLIND PYGMIES
I have no experience with pygmies but blind people can surprise you - well I
have been surprised.

One chap at uni was blind and often said, while holding out his hand, 'Can I
have a look'  or " Can I see that" and then would look using his fingers.