[austechwriter] Re: Read Me First in Oz .. news from Dymocks

  • From: "Warren Lewington" <wjlewington@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 10:30:24 +1000

Moo!

Wassa.

-----Original Message-----
From: austechwriter-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:austechwriter-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael Edward
Granat
Sent: Tuesday, 22 July 2003 10:19 PM
To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [austechwriter] Re: Read Me First in Oz .. news from Dymocks

Wazza L wrote, and I quote:
>To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [austechwriter] Re: Anyone been able to find "Read Me First"
in Oz?
>From: "Warren Lewington" <wjlewington@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 18:50:49 +1000
>
>Good luck with Dymocks.
>I tried them recently for two books.
>They took my money!
>Then they sent back an Email explaining that I would have to pay a
>deposit for the books because they didn't have them in stock!
>I explained to them they had taken the money.
>It hit a brick wall.
>Then they said six weeks.
>I went straight to Amazon. Ordered them both and they have now arrived.
>I won't ever use Dymocks again!
>Good luck!

Sound like one would have to be a Dim Ox to shop there!

...and yes, ASTC Vic folk get 10% off at the Technical Book Shop. in
Swanston Street - on presentation of a current membership card.

Actually, I have always found some of the smaller independent bookshops
be very good, as well as Collins Booksellers.

Cheers,

Michael Granat
Write Ideas.

with "unsubscribe" in the Subject field.