[austechwriter] Re: Program and programme

  • From: "Anna Windebank" <anna.windebank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 12:09:11 +1000

Hi Michael,

Even to IT recruitment consultants such as myself?  Not sure how to take
that!!

I have a question relating to your last sentence.  It's about the
apostrophe.  Isn't it used (apart from denoting the absence of a word) to
suggest "belonging to" except in the instance of "it" in which case "its" is
used in the belonging to sense and "it's" is only used to mean "it is"?

I look forward to your response.

Regards
Anna

P.S. I prefer the Zeds too