[austechwriter] Having some HDK grief - can anyone help?

  • From: Kirsty.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 10:10:31 +1000

Hi all,

I am having some grief with HDK, and I am fairly certain that the problem=20
is between the keyboard and chair.=20

I am trying to use HDK to convert a Word doc to CHM. This is somewhat=20
unusual, as we normally use HDK to create .htm and .hlp files (so I'm=20
OKish with those processes). But now I have to convert to CHM and I can't=20
figure out how I am breaking it. The staff member who used to do this=20
retired a few months ago and I can't find any information specific to=20
converting to CHM in the documented processes. The Word doc is about 100=20
pages long, with inserted bitmaps (don't have the originals) and almost=20
3MB.

So, I'm in Word, I click the HDK icon, select a CHMTOC template to convert =

with. HDK/Word then spends 20 minutes or so trying to convert to CHM. A=20
ten page error file is produced - together with a CHM. About 5-6 topics in =

to the CHM's TOC, every page is empty (there's a TOC entry, but you click=20
on it and the page is blank). The only error I can find that seems to=20
relate to where the content goes missing is:
Page break encountered before next HDK topic field; Extra page break in=20
document; Remove page break after <topic>.
The page break in question is an automatic one as the following style is a =

heading 1, which inserts a page break before it.=20

I then get a bunch of disk space errors, no project in root directory=20
errors, access denied errors.=20

Can anyone see something obvious that I am not doing and need to do?

Thanks,
Kirsty

Kirsty Taylor=20
Editor=20
? kirsty.taylor@xxxxxxxxxx
=C9 Tel +61 (0)7 3303 3221
=CA Fax +61 (0)7 3303 3257=20
=C8 Cell +61 (0)419197 502=20
Mincom. The People. The Experience. The Vision.=20
This transmission is for the intended addressee only and is confidential=20
information. If you have received this transmission in error, please=20
delete it and notify the sender. The contents of this e-mail are the=20
opinion of the writer only and are not endorsed by the Mincom Group of=20
companies unless expressly stated otherwise.=20