[audio-pals] Re: My name is Julie and am new.

  • From: Thomas McMahan <shadowmonstrosity@xxxxxxx>
  • To: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 19:31:59 -0600

Hey Julie, well you actually have a couple of other Tennesseeans here in this
group, and I also used to live in Tennesseebut now live in Illinois, so quite a
difference, and in some ways still haven’t gotten used to it.  Such as the long
winters we have sometimes.

I’m sure Josh who lives in Tennessee will speak up before to long, but danny
likes to hide in a tree somewhere in west Tennessee.  It’s gotta be fairly
large for him to crawl inside the hole in the trunk, although Danny isn’t all
that large come to think about it.

Well you are just in luck, because a new member from Scotland joined earlier
today.  I don’t know if he’ll like the same music you do, but he’s from there
anyway.  I happen to like that same kind of music though.  But I would add in
Capper Cailey too.  But like a lot of the music that has come out of Ireland
also.    But my music tastes are eclectic at best.  Although I can also agree
with our list members who like 80s music too, as long as it’s to much of the
pop stuff, I tended to prefer more alternative in the 80s.  But was also
listening to Country back then too and more or less have stayed with listening
to that, whereas on the rock side of things sort of let that listening lapse in
the 90s and so will continue to do that because I haven’t heard a lot that
would get me to run out and buy a given album.

Well enjoy the group here.