[audio-pals] Re: FW: [JAWS-Users] SpeakDropbox update

  • From: Thomas McMahan <thomas.mcmahan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 14:38:33 -0500

Dropbox status is in the menu extras. either Vo m twice or control 8 once and
you are in the menu extras. Just navigate to where it says dropbox and wait
there and it will tell you if it is up-to-date. , the only problem is though
it isn’t always up-to-date even if it says so. Have had a few times when I
know there was a new file but it took a while before I got to see it. dropbox
itself is always showing in the sidebar of finder too, it isn’t necessary to
open it to see it, just open finder and interact with sidebar find dropbox, and
then back out of interaction. Then in the browser are your folders and files,
if you use column view you don’t then have to open the individual folders, just
navigate to the right, and then you can scroll vertically through the files of
a given folder, then select the file you want, then copy and paste or move it.
The mac is great for moving files as apposed to having to do the traditional
copy paste method.

Also as Josh point out, appleviz is your friend when it comes to Mac and
i-phone. A lot of good podcasts over there. Cool Blind Tech covers a lot of
mac and i-phone stuff too.

On May 27, 2015, at 12:35 PM, Stacey <crazystacey25@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I just got done testing it. It's pretty nifty. Basically what it does is it
hangs out in the system tray and watches the dropbox icon. The dropbox icon
has a tool tip that has the status of dropbox. So speak dropbox monitors the
tool tip text and will alert u if, say, dropbox is uploading a file,
downloading a file, and will tell u when it is up to date. There is a
keystroke, alt windows D, that announces the status of the tool tip. Right
now it says dropbox is up to date. The nifty thing is, it also plays sounds,
which is cool. And yes, if there's any NVDA users, speak dropbox does support
NVDA. I just tested it.

On 5/27/2015 12:09 PM, Josh wrote:
I am not sure what speak dropbox is. I just seen this one message. If you
know what it is at all please explain.