[audacity4blind] Re: timeline or timeshift

  • From: Cuong Dang Manh <dangmanhcuong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 19:57:51 +0700

Hi
I remember I answered this about two months ago. You can review my answer at //www.freelists.org/post/audacity4blind/time-shifter,2
For your situation, you can do the folowing
1. Import all tracks into your project.
2. Unselect all track (Ctrl+shift+a)
3. Enter to select track 1 (track you want to be started first)
4. Press K to go to the end of this track.
5. Enter again to deselect it
6. Select the second track.
7. Go to Track menu (alt+t), and down arrow to align track sub menu.
8. Right arrow to open, and choose start to cursor selection start.
Do the steps above for your remaining tracks
HTH
Cuong
On 1/2/2014 6:35 AM, Brad Erhardt wrote:
Hello members, I wonder if someone could help me with this situation. Perhaps
one of you have dealt with this before.

Here is the situation.

I am planning to do a project where I want to show how four songs are actually
part of a series. So First I have a voice track, introducing the idea.
NExt I import the first song onto a second track, and follow through with voice
tracks with song tracks following for all four songs.

Lastly, I want to have these run in a single arrangement from start to finish.

My question is how do I set track 2 to start at the end of track 1 and set
track 3 to start at the end of track 2 etc.

I know there is a time shift tool in the toolbar, but I am unfamiliar with how
to use this via the keyboard.

Thanks all and have a happy new year.