[audacity4blind] Re: recording skype conversations with audacity

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 10:58:00 -0500

You can record the conversation and then edit it using Audacity or some
other program that allows you to edit recordings.  You might be able,
depending on the sound card you are using, to use the what you hear or
equivalent option to record the conversation using Audacity or another
recording program and start and stop the recording when desired.  But I
won't go into how this might be done in this message.

Those are two ways you may be able to do what you want. If you don't know
how to edit using audacity or some other program, you may find it of
considerable value to learn, depending on what you want to record in the
future and how you want to work with the recordings.  If you want to learn
about the What You Hear option, let the list know what version of Windows
you are using. How to turn on this option varies, depending on the version
of Windows being used.

Gene