[audacity4blind] Re: .exe and .zip files for new Audacity 1.3.1

  • From: "David R. Sky" <davidsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 20:06:47 -0800 (PST)

Hi Petro,

You wrote: > So why am I seeing a .zip and .exe files to install Audacity on
this list? Can I just download the .exe file and install like I
always have?

David: The newest version of Audacity (1.3.0 and 1.3.1) do not have all the bugs worked out. Audacity 1.3.0 is an executable install file with all the necessary files, but 1.3.1 is just one file (audacity.exe.) zipped into a zip file. Audacity 1.3.0 has many new keyboard commands, but many of them don't work properly. However, if you install 1.3.0 then copy the 1.3.1 audacity.exe file over the 1.3.0 audacity.exe file, many more of the new keyboard commands are working and installed.

Once all the bugs are worked out, then we'll have a single executable installer file to install the newest audacity 1.3.1. Which is what "beta" means - it's still being tested in public. And if you or anyone else have a problem with the program, report them here and I'll pass them on to the development list.

Hope that helps.

David

To unsubscribe from this list please use the following command: