[audacity4blind] Re: cutting a part of a track

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 18:15:11 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Brad,
I can't see any problems in your instructions which would stop the audio being
copied.
The only thing I can think of is the shortcut which you're using to mute the
focussed track. This should be shift+u. If you press cmd+u then this mutes all
the tracks.
If this isn't the problem, then:
- check that the imported track is selected when you press ctrl+c.
- after you've selected a time range using left and right bracket, playback to
check that only the selected time range is played.

One issue which isn't causing the main problem is the use of find zero
crossings. This doesn't work during playback (including when paused). So
instead of doing what you're doing, wait till you've stopped playback after
selecting the time range, and then press Z - this will adjust the start and end
times of the selected audio.

 Subject: [audacity4blind] cutting a part of a track
 To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Date: Wednesday, 6 November, 2013, 17:34

 Hi all, I need
 someone to check if I am doing this right. I have been
 trying to select a range within a track of music that I have
 imported, then cut that range and paste it into a new track.
 For some reason this doesn't seem to work. Here are my
 steps.
 1 IMport song.2 Play song, and pause
 at beginning of region3 press Z to find zero
 crossing4 Press [ to mark left
 boundrie 5 press P to continue
 playing6 repeat the three steps  above with
 a ] being pressed to mark right boundrie, and then press
 spacebar to stop playback 7 press Command +
 C to copy this region8 Create new stereo
 track9 Make sure this track is selected and the
 music track is not10 Mute music
 track11 Press command + V to paste region into
 new track.12 press j and then spacebar to play
 the track, but here there is no sound.
 If anyone can help me correct anything that would
 be appreciated.