[audacity4blind] cutting a part of a track

  • From: Brad Erhardt <brad.erhardt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 09:34:50 -0800

Hi all, I need someone to check if I am doing this right. I have been trying to
select a range within a track of music that I have imported, then cut that
range and paste it into a new track. For some reason this doesn't seem to work.
Here are my steps.

1 IMport song.
2 Play song, and pause at beginning of region
3 press Z to find zero crossing
4 Press [ to mark left boundrie
5 press P to continue playing
6 repeat the three steps  above with a ] being pressed to mark right boundrie,
and then press spacebar to stop playback
7 press Command + C to copy this region
8 Create new stereo track
9 Make sure this track is selected and the music track is not
10 Mute music track
11 Press command + V to paste region into new track.
12 press j and then spacebar to play the track, but here there is no sound.

If anyone can help me correct anything that would be appreciated.

Brad Erhardt
brad.erhardt@xxxxxxxxx