[audacity4blind] Re: Separating instruments

  • From: Brad Erhardt <brad.erhardt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 22:54:02 -0800

Hi Louise, this is an interesting project you have. Although I haven't yet
figured out how this can be done, I do know that with older midi files it is
possible to look at them in editors and play each track individually. It may be
possible to do something like this. There used to be a great program called
noteworthy which did this type of thing, and even let you create your own midi
files.

So if you had a program like this if you could capture each individual track
and export it as a wave file, then you could import them individually into
audacity and mute them or play them all together. You could also add special
effects to them individually or collectively. I wish you luck with this effort
and please let us know how this goes.

Sorry I couldn't give any better tips regarding doing this with audacity on its
own.

On 2014-01-07, at 7:43 PM, Louise May Fami wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Aside from mixing, I also want to learn how to separate each instrument in a
> track. I want to learn how to do that correctly. Please share.
>
> Thanks
> May

> On Wed, 1/8/14, Gale Andrews <gale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Subject: [audacity4blind] Re: practice tracks
> To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Cc: Blind-Guitarist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Wednesday, January 8, 2014, 10:33 AM
>

> | From "Robert Doc Wright" <godfearer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> | Tue, 7 Jan 2014 13:35:25 -0700
> | Subject: [audacity4blind] practice tracks
>> Does anyone know where I can find tracks  that can
> be used for production
>> that would have each instrument and vocals so that I
> can practice mixing
>> with audacity?
>
> Are the "Full Length" WAV files here something like you
> want:
> http://ninremixes.com/multitracks.php ?
>

> Gale

Brad Erhardt