Here's what I do to edit sections on a track:
1. Press enter to select the track
2. Press home to go to the beginning of the track
3. Press space to begin playback
4. Press [ at the start of the spot I want to edit
5. Press ] at the end of the spot I want to edit
6. Press space to stop playback
7. Press space again to play the selection I made in steps 4 and 5
a. If you want to adjust the selection time you can
over (it's what I like to do because it's easy and it's fun to get good at
selecting audio on the fly
alt+ left or right brackets twice quickly to land focus on the beginning and
end spin controls, respectively, and make adjustments there
the edges around with combinations of shift+left arrow, shift+right arrow,
ctrl+shift+left arrow, and ctrl+shift+right arrow
1. I need to turn on keyboard help (JAWSKey+'1') to help remind me of
what each of those does because my memory seems to fail me each time I try
to use the above keystrokes
7. When you've got the selection how you like it, don't forget to press
'z' to make sure your selection points are at 0
a. This will help to make sure you don't hear any popping or clipping
as artifacts of editing
8. To delete the selected audio press "delete"
9. To silence the audio without shifting the audio to the right of your
selection, press control+'l' to add silence.
HTH a bit,
<audacity4blind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Sarah Stephenson-Hunter
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 6:53 AM
Subject: [audacity4blind] Selecting portions of a track
A very new nubie here so apologies if this question is very basic and
annoying for you all.
I've done a recording in Zoom and imported it into Audacity . I want to cut
out various short sections to tidy it up before iporting it as a finalised
Try as I might I can't work out how to select certain portions using Jaws
and the scripts. Yes I've read through the help and Jaws script help but I
just can't get my head around it.
I'm probably being very dim here but really struggling to do even the basics
and getting very fed up.
With many many thanks in advance,