[audacity4blind] Re: Reducing hum with audacity.

  • From: "David R. Sky" <davidsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 10:27:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hi jean,

I've attached notch50.ny to this email too. It's in plain text so your email software may not recognize it as an application. These Nyquist plug-ins are written in plain text.

If that fails, I'll send an attachment with the notch filter in a zip file.

David

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006, jean parker wrote:

Dear David:

I am also in need of this notch filter. However, when I tried to open it from your attachment windows said there was no program associated with it. What to do please?

You know, it's just the way things go. I saw the notch filter earlier in my email and I thought, oh cool I need one of those too. Then I made a voiceover recording this evening of something I need to submit asap and sure enough, it has a 50 cycle humm that I couldn't chase down. Tried everything, it's probably the tube light above my desk. But you know these sighted people get pissed when you start turning out lights.

Anyway, advise please?

Many thanks,

Jean
;nyquist plug-in

;version 1

;type process

;name "Notch Filter..."

;action "Applying Notch Filter..."

;info "by David R. Sky\nReleased under terms of GNU Public License\nlower q
gives wider notch"

;control choice "Default choice" int "0=60 1=50 2=variable" 1 0 2

;control freq "Notch frequency" real "Hz" 60.0 20.0 20000.0

;control q "Notch q" real "Q" 1.00 0.01 5.00

; Notch filter by David R. Sky

; updated January 2, 2006

; Released under terms of the GNU Public License

; http://www.opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php

(setf freq (cond

; remove 60 Hz hum, North America

((= choice 0) 60)