[audacity4blind] Radio speaker sound effect?

  • From: "Billy Littlejohn" <blittlejohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 00:41:01 -0500

Hey, Guys!

I am doing a comedy bit, that has in it, a need for spoken words that sound as if they were spoken on an intercom, radio, or TV set... you know, that canned sound that audio can have, when it is spoken through loudspeakers?

In live situations, I have used the technique of speaking into a styro-foam cup, but this is a poor substitute for a recording. Anybody have a clue how this is done electronically? ... or, do they use some mechanical method, like a styro-foam cup in the recordings that I have heard?

Can't wait to hear back on this! This should be a fun one! Take care all...

Billy