[audacity4blind] Re: Overdubbing Using Internal Soundcard Windows10

  • From: jacob kruger <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2020 15:27:26 +0200

Rob, probably a silly question, but, make sure NVDA is not set to lower other audio volumes when speaking, and, maybe, try putting it to sleep while playing/recording, just in case?

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"...resistance is futile...but, acceptance is versatile..."
On 2020-09-03 02:13 PM, Rick USA wrote:

Hi:

I am using a recent Dell XPS computer, Windows10 Pro, the preinstalled Realtech  audio card, 3.5 plug Mike in front panel, NVDA and Audacity.

When I generate a Click track and then play it while recording a test vocal track over it I am having a problem.

Apparently every time a click is played either the volume of the second vocal track is lowered way down or cut out all together.

If I record a long solid EEEEEEEEEk

While listening to the click track I hear

E, E, E, E, E, k with short silence between each e where a click would otherwise have been played after I mute the click track.

I had this happen in Reaper as well and one fellow suggested I buy an audio interface.

I am asking if anyone has done a overdubbing multi-track recording using just the internal sound card and a mike to see if it may just be some setting causing the problem.

I will likely get an audio interface but the Berringer I want is out of stock and will be for some time to come.

If this problem would not be resolved using an audio interface that would just be more wasted time and money so I am looking around to see if anyone else has addressed this problem or has a similar setup that is working correctly.

P.S. I used headphones so as not to get any playback feedback via the audio output and the external mike.

Thanks for any help:

Rick USA