[audacity4blind] Re: Normalizing Versus Amplification Versus Gain

  • From: "Robbie" <tickleberryfun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 12:55:25 +0100

Hi Robert!
Thanks a lot for these very insightful explanations. There are some
interesting bits of info there. To use a project mix as a volume gauge
before export is a brilliant piece of advice. I also didn't know that
Amplify could be repeated regardless of the dBFS value. With Audacity,
there's always something more under the surface. :D
Just out of interest, why is the sample format important when using gain?

Cheers! Robbie