[audacity4blind] Re: Noise Generator

  • From: Steve the Fiddle <stevethefiddle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 18:46:35 +0100

Attached is some code that may help to get you started.
The code came from this forum topic and there is additional information there:
http://forum.audacityteam.org/viewtopic.php?p=159187

Steve

On 4 June 2015 at 17:24, Annabelle Susan Morison
<foristnights@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, it's Annabelle.
I know this might sound strange but, I wonder if there's a way for me to
make a noise generator that generates the four common siren tones, wail,
yelp, hyperyelp, and hi-lo? If there is, what would be the code for me to
make these? Also, being blind, how would I make this into a plugin?
(setq low-freq 440) ; initial frequency - Hz
(setq hi-freq 1320) ; final frequency - Hz
(setq initial-amp 0.8) ; initial amplitude on a scale 0 to 1
(setq final-amp 0.1) ; final amplitude on a scale 0 to 1

(setq hz1 (min low-freq hi-freq))
(setq hz2 (max low-freq hi-freq))
(setq iamp (max (min initial-amp 1) 0))
(setq famp (max (min final-amp 1) 0))