[audacity4blind] Re: New commands for navigating labels

  • From: Andrew Downie <access_tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 22:03:05 +1100

David, I love it. I am a big fan of labels anyway and the alt-arrow commands make it so much faster to jump between them. Interestingly, when reaching - say - the last label pressing alt-right again loops back to the first. NVDA is announcing label name and position in the list perfectly.

Andrew

On 26/10/2016 3:07 AM, David Bailes wrote:

For those of you who use labels, you may be interested to have a play with a couple of new commands which are available in the latest nightly build of audacity for windows:
http://gaclrecords.org.uk/win-nightly/index.php?dir=&file=audacity-win-rcf54707-2.1.3-alpha-25-oct-16.zip

The two new commands are "selection to next label" and "selection to previous label".
They have default shortcuts alt+right and alt+left.

A label track does not have to be the focus. If there is a single label track in the project, that it used. If there is more than one label track, then the first label track, if any, starting at the focused track is used.

If the commands are used during playback of the project, playback continues from the new cursor/selection.

The commands provide feedback to screen readers: the name of the label, and position in the form of "i of n".

Any feedback is welcome,
David.

The audacity4blind web site is at

Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives,
Audacity keyboard commands, and more...

To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subject line