[audacity4blind] Re: New blind user needs help with Audacity basics

  • From: Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 08:45:30 +0930

Hi there,

When you first open Audacity, press Alt to get to the menu bar and arrow across
to the Help menu. Scroll down until you hear "Manual in Web Browser" and press
Enter. The manual will open in a new window. Once it has, scroll down until you
come to a link labeled "Accessibility", and enter on that. You should find what
you need on that page. There are a few things that can't be done with
keystrokes yet, but that shouldn't bother you too much.

If you need more help, just ask and somebody should be able to provide an
answer for you.

From: jameswstevens@xxxxxxxxx
To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [audacity4blind] New blind user needs help with Audacity basics
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 14:19:45 -0800

Hi Audacity blind user community,

I am new to digital recording, and just downloaded to my
computer Audacity 2.0.5.  Can anyone recommend a website containing
step-by-step instructions (including JAWS specific keystrokes), showing a new
Audacity
user how to perform various functions? If such a website or document exists,
can someone direct me to it?

If such information does not exist, can someone provide me
with the specific steps and keystrokes I need in order to copy old cassette
recordings
onto my computer?

If it is easier to convey the requested information via the
telephone, please let me know and arrangements can be made.

Any help regarding this request would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks.