I just downloaded an ran the installer successfully. What's happening is that audacity.jsm is somehow trashed. Have you tried it again? If so, try downloading it again. The start of installer.log should look something like:
Installing Jaws Script for Audacity, installer compiled at 2017-09-20 10:49,
The size of audacity.jsm should be 24437.
On 9/20/2017 7:24 PM, Gary Campbell wrote:
I just posted a new beta release of the script. The installer is here <https://github.com/campg2j003/JAWS-Script-for-Audacity/releases/download/rel2.2.0-beta-2017-09-20/Jaws-Script-for-Audacity_2_2_0-beta-2017-09-20.exe>. The source is on the |next| <https://github.com/campg2j003/JAWS-Script-for-Audacity/tree/next> branch.
New in this release:
- Updated README.
- Updated the installer to use Unicode. This package now requires NSIS 3.0 or later. All language message files should be in UTF-8 encoding.
- Added German translation.
- Removed usePoFile script compiler pragma.
- Improvements to Silence Effect Preview in 2.2.0.
- Sliders in Equalization dialog now speak DB values.
This was developed with the Sep 7 beta.
I'm still looking for someone that can tell me how a compile with JAWS 10 goes.
What is the earliest JAWS version you are using?