[audacity4blind] Re: How to find the length of a track

  • From: Marlon Brandão de Sousa <splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Andrew Downie <access_tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 13:05:41 -0200

Andrew ...

Isn't this dangerous? My experience says that if you go to the end of the track and press [ you will see the cursor position. Now, if there is only one track starting at 00:00:00:000 and you go to its end then your strategy will work. But if you are on a track starting in 00:02:00:000 with 4 minutes length and go to its end and press [ then you will get 00:06:00:000 instead, and this track least's only 4 minutes not 6 ... is it right?

With this in mind, you would have to make an account to verify the length.

On 06/11/2018 23:19, Andrew Downie wrote:

Hi Stan

The fastest method that comes to mind is to go to the end of the track by pressing k and then pressing left bracket ([). Left bracket opens a dialog which shows the current time. As discussed recently here, you can adjust your position on the track from that dialog.  In your case, you may simply want to press Escape.  When in that dialog, pressing the application key allows you to choose from many time formats.

Oh, and having discovered the length of the track, press j if you want to get back to the beginning.

Andrew