[audacity4blind] Re: For Mac Users

  • From: Leland <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 00:16:16 -0500

--On June 12, 2008 10:16:56 PM -0400 "John W. Hess" <wysiwygtechnologies@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Wow, Believe it or not that solved my problem with the dialog coming up.

I was kind of wondering about that. There may have been a fix put on that probably fixed it inadvertently. Nothing was done specifically for it.

I noticed the control says track panel however there is no way to know
which track I am on because names aren't spoken yet.  I do like the new
menu organization. Very nice.

The jury is still out on that for me. :-) That's being done by one of the Google Summer of Code students we have working on Audacity. I sort of thought it was easier to find things on the Effects menu when it was all one big menu. All you had to do was hit the first letter of the effect name and it got you real close. With the new way, you have to know what KIND of effect you want before finding it.

 I wonder if you would consider adding a
feature that would take the solo off of all tracks like unmutting  all
tracks. This would be helpful.  I noticed when tabbing through the eq
controls the control type was spoken however when using the voiceover
curser it was not just the value.

Yes, the EQ is on my plate to do. I have recently converted all of our dialogs to a new internal toolkit and have save the EQ for last. It is such a large beast that I'm dreading the attempt.

Any possibility of putting in a 10
band eq? just a little smaller for those quick adjustments.

You on the Mac right? Don't the Apple Audio Units show up for you? There's an "Apple: AUGraphicEQ" effect that lets you choose between 31-band (the default) and 10-band.

Barring that, or rather, in addition to that, all of you may find this page interesting:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/nyquistplugins

It's a list of Nyquist plugins that work with Audacity. Most of them done by David Sky who may still be on this list. Half way done the page or so you'll find a 10-band EQ and another EQ.

I was able
to pan and change gain without any problems at all. I did try to select a
track to eq but although when I solowed I thought I was on the highhat I
actually Ed teh bass track.

All of that will be (almost) impossible until I get full accessibility working on the Mac. (Or at least partial accessibility)

Can can you eq a track when it's in solo
mode or does it have to be out of solo.

Yes.  No need to unsolo.

Am I correct I can arrow to the
track and then press shift-end to select only that tracks audio?

Yes.

keep up
the great work. It can be done really!!!!! nice and getting nicer.

Remember, that file from last night was true hackage. All I really did was use the OSX accessibility API to add labels to everything on the main panel. That was easy. The next step is much harder.

Unfortunately, I won't be doing much on it until next week as my real job is going to be getting in the way this weekend. I hate when that happens.

Leland

The audacity4blind website is at
http://users.northlc.com/sberry/