[audacity4blind] Re: For Mac Users

  • From: "John W. Hess" <wysiwygtechnologies@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 22:16:56 -0400

Wow, Believe it or not that solved my problem with the dialog coming up. I noticed the control says track panel however there is no way to know which track I am on because names aren't spoken yet. I do like the new menu organization. Very nice. I wonder if you would consider adding a feature that would take the solo off of all tracks like unmutting all tracks. This would be helpful. I noticed when tabbing through the eq controls the control type was spoken however when using the voiceover curser it was not just the value. Any possibility of putting in a 10 band eq? just a little smaller for those quick adjustments. I was able to pan and change gain without any problems at all. I did try to select a track to eq but although when I solowed I thought I was on the highhat I actually Ed teh bass track. Can can you eq a track when it's in solo mode or does it have to be out of solo. Am I correct I can arrow to the track and then press shift-end to select only that tracks audio? keep up the great work. It can be done really!!!!! nice and getting nicer.

On Jun 12, 2008, at 9:51 AM, Leland wrote:

(Oops, sent this last night, but from the wrong address.)

Want to have a little fun? I've uploaded some package that y'all might find interesting:

http://audacity.homerow.net/index.php?dir=experimental&download=audacity.app.zip

This is just the app. It does not include the Languages or Plug- ins. Once you load it up, use the VoiceOver item chooser to do a little exploring.

This was more to prove to myself that this is possible and to get a little more familiar with the accessibility APIs in OSX. Still have a LONG way to go though.

Leland