[audacity4blind] Find clippings

  • From: Marlon Brandão de Sousa <splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 10:25:18 -0200

Hello,

I have been experimenting with the find clipping feature.

What I found is that it will place a label on each peak it finds, and by peak I assume moments where sound will go above 0 db.

As I am doing mostly voice recordings, I often hear very short sounds like tack when I go to one of the generated labels and play it.

Question though is this: and now what should I do?

Ideally I want to force only the peaks, not the rest of the sound, below a given level, as if I squashed only those clippings below 0 but let the rest of the sound as is.

Other times, I want to delete those tack sounds. This imposes another question:

Is the label pointing to the beginning of the peak? To the end of the peak? To a selection containing the peak? If I delete the peak, will the label also go away? Are other labels still in sync after the deletion?

The thing is I am still unsure of how labels relate to sound and to sound selection.

Thanks,

Marlon

The audacity4blind web site is at

Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives,
Audacity keyboard commands, and more...

To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subject line