[audacity4blind] Re: Distortion when Singing

  • From: Sandra Gayer <sandragayer7@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 16:57:45 +0000

Hello Sharni,
Your problem is your microphone. Hedset microphones are not designed
for music. There is a big difference between speech and music and that
is why manufacturers market their products this way, focusing on
speech while others focus on music, depending on which microphone they
are trying to sell. Some high end microphones are great at capturing
speech and music but a hedset mic is definitely not high end. If you
are serious about recording your singing, you would do very well to
invest in a microphone designed for this purpose rather than forcing a
very basic product to do an elite job.

Very best wishes,
Sandra.

--