[audacity4blind] Distortion when Singing

  • From: Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 17:50:36 +0930

I'm experiencing distortion while recording myself singing. I'm pretty sure
it's the problem they refer to as "Clipping" in the manual. I've tried
adjusting the input gain and moving the microphone away from my mouth a bit. I
even adjusted the settings for the microphone in the Sound control panel to see
if that would help (I only adjusted the quality produced by two channels,
selecting "Studio Quality"). I tried the clip fix effect on a recording once
but it didn't help. It doesn't do this when I'm talking, only when I'm singing,
and only on certain notes.

I am using a microphone attached to a headset with a volume control if that
helps.