[audacity4blind] Re: Ballancing volume of two tracks

  • From: Steven <mysticranger@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 06:12:07 +0100

Hi,

sorry for that very late response.

Normalizing seemed to work. That made balancing the volume much easier.

Thanks.

Best regards

Steven

Am 12.07.2020 um 16:32 schrieb Orlando Enrique Fiol (Redacted sender ofiol for DMARC):

At 04:44 AM 7/12/2020, Steven wrote:
For the second time:
>I would like to adjust the volume of one track, so it is the exact same volume of the other.
>I have two tracks in my current project. I want my second track, to have the same volume, that my first track has. I know, that you can change the volume of a track in the effects menu. But that would mean, I would have to go by the trial and error method.
>Is there maybe a way, to check the volume of one track, so I can enter that value, when changing the volume of the second track?

Choose normalization from the Effects menu and normalize to 0 DB. If they are stereo tracks, check the box labeled "normalize each channel independently". That removes all the guesswork from calculating relative volume levels.

Orlando Enrique Fiol
Ph.D. in Music Theory
University of Pennsylvania: November, 2018
Professional Pianist/Keyboardist, Percussionist, Arranger, Performer and Pedagogue
Charlotte, North Carolina
Home: (980) 585-1516
Mobile: (267) 971-7090
Email: ofiol@xxxxxxxxxxx

The audacity4blind web site is at

Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives,
Audacity keyboard commands, and more...

To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subject line
unsubscribe