[audacity4blind] Audacity crashes my soundcard

  • From: Thomas Byskov Dalgaard <tbd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 21:26:24 +0100

Hi!

Just thought I would share this here before trying to making a bug rapport:
I have connected a Bose Companion 5 USB 2.0-speakers to my mac. Every time I
select them as the output for Audacity, it crashes the system and I have to
restart the computer. So I have to make a workaround by setting the output from
Audacity to a sound-extension named Soundflower that is used on Mac-computers.
Then this has to be routed to the BOSE-speakers via a program named Line in.
That works okay, but I wish it could be changed, so it wouldn't be necessary to
go through all of this just for using Audacity on the Mac with these speakers.
I'm using Audacity 2.5 when I tested this.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Thomas