[audacity4blind] Re: Anwida soft

  • From: Gale Andrews <gale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 03:58:53 GMT

| From "Cliff Self" <cliff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
| Sat, 12 Jan 2013 14:46:55 -0800
| Subject: [audacity4blind] Anwida soft
> Using the Anwida Soft Light reverb, is there a way to adjust the
> dryness or wetness of the preset reverbs?  I notice the load and
> save buttons, which suggest to me there must be some way to
> make adjustments to the presets.  Or is that only in the paid
> version?

Does the "Mix" parameter affect this?

If so the sighted user would toggle "Select" until "Mix" was bolded,
then turn the "Value" knob to adjust the "Mix" value.

Otherwise I would have suggested saving a preset, then open its
saved XML file in a text editor, edit the "Mix" value and save. If you
then load that edited preset back into Anwida I would have expected
Anwida to display the changed value, however it doesn't.

Also if you change the preset values in the Anwida interface and
save the changed preset, Anwida seems to remember the new
values in that session. But as soon as you restart Audacity, Anwida
uses its default values for that preset despite the saved XML file
contains different values. So Audacity just isn't reading the presets
file at all. I'll see what I can find out about that.

Meantime you could duplicate the track you want to process,
apply Anwida to one of the tracks, then adjust the gain sliders
downwards on each track to adjust the balance between the
dry (unprocessed) track and the wet (processed) one.