[audacity4blind] Re: Another new member says hello!

  • From: "Billy Littlejohn" <blittlejohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 23:57:42 -0500

Hey, David!

Well, I will tell you a bit about my guitar preferences and influences, but I would not be surprised if you had no clue who I was speaking about. One of the largest influences would be Dana Key, formerly of "DeGarmo and Key," who was a Christian rock band mainly from the late seventies and eighties. Fortunately, or unfortunately, whichever way you want to look at it, I did not emulate other professional guitarists, but rather, played the things that I heard inside. The double edged sword was, that I was a unique player to some extent, which was a good thing, but I was also horrible at doing copy tunes, so I suffered in that regard. Being from Memphis, I was practically born playing blues music, but as most anybody knows, that is not difficult to do, if you have a hefty amount of raw emotion to deal with. <smile>

Today, I hardly listen to music at all anymore, because of being tied up with my business... it is hard to listen to a homeowner tell me why I should buy their home, calculate the numbers on my talking calculator, and listen to Jaws read out property data to me too... and everybody said, "Amen!" <smile> With all of that said, when I do listen to music, it can be a wide variety of genres, like Country, Jazz, Rock, Pop, Christian Contemporary, Blues, Funk, and I am sure that I am leaving out a few, so the list is quite long.

As for guitar, I mostly play electric. I have a Les Paul that I do not play very much, but prefer a guitar that I have been playing since 1980, and am still crazy about it. It is the Roland GR300 guitar synthesizer. The guitar itself is a double cut away, neck thru body design, made by Ibanez, and Roland electronics puts all of the synthesizer controller features inside. It may have been the first truly polyphonic guitar synthesizer units out at that time. The only other guitar that I would like to get my hands on in the near future, would be a Steinberger headless guitar, or one of the LSR Steinberger headless look a likes.

I have a fair amount of MIDI gear, including a bass machine, drum machine, a few keyboards, and some of the digital reverb/delays that were able to be MIDI controlled back then... God knows that they had to be MIDI controlled, because they were a nightmare to try to program otherwise! <smile>

Whew! I better get off of the stage, because I am sensing a large hook coming to drag me away... take care!

Billy
----- Original Message ----- From: "David R. Sky" <davidsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>