[astcq-discuss] Re: Comments on ASTC(Q) website

  • From: "Geoff" <geoff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <astcq-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 20:11:02 +1000

Thanks for that Jean.  I'm currently working on a new site, using more
modern techniques.  It will be much easier to manage the site then.  The
basics include:

Table layout - I haven't yet found div layout easy when dealing with font
size changes (see http://www.userdox.com/ at large font sizes in IE, then in
small font sizes - yuck!)
CSS styling - For everything, and I mean everything.  And it will be
external.
Text based - Images to be used for logos and pictures, but not text.
Browser support - NN4 can take a running jump, but it will still display the
content of the site adequately.  Aural browsers I'm not too sure about.
Meta tags - Once the site has been fully tested, meta tags will be added,
and I'll list the site at http://www.dmoz.org/.  They feed all major search
engines.
Freelancers page changed, and discussion list page added.

I'd love to hear comments from everyone else.

Geoff