Re: [artworks] reinvention of wheels

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 20:38:13 +0100

In message <8c8bb2b54e.jr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> The lesson for me here is to read the up-to-date documentation. There
> is no mention of this shortcut in the AW1 manual, but it and several
> other shortcuts are documented in AW2 manual.
>
> BTW do you know why F4, F5 F6 and F7 were not used in the original
> ArtWorks?

Yes. They have never been unused, they were just not used for global
shortcuts because the idea was to reserve them for tool-specific
actions, e.g., in the Line and Curve tools. At some stage I have made
this more visible in the Line and Curve Info Bars.

> I would quite like to have the ability to choose some tools via the
> keyboard as you can with F2 for Select, in particular for Push, Zoom,
> Curve, and Line.

You mean like the Tab+Letter tool selection feature I added for
version 2.1 in 2004? ;-)