Re: [artworks] Exporting to the outside world

  • From: Ned Abell <nedabell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 08:22:21 +0100

On 08 May, Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <CAMwDr81knok1qOf6hmuz4S4ovF9znBRUhGh5XPXx=svOQ7YFaA@xxxxxx
> mail.com>
>           Kell Gatherer <kell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I have a complicated Artworks file with many layers that
> > I'd like to hand over to someone else, for, as one might
> > say, posterity....

[Snip Then on concept of PDF export..]

> Similarly, PDF does not have the concept of layers because
> you cannot see them, so layers are currently not
> preserved. Illustrator gets around the problem by adding
> application-specific metadata to represent layers, but
> that is not an option for ArtWorks.
[snip]

Kell you say many layers but as Martin has suggested PDF
export can you not export layer by layer and recombine in your
chosen package.
Also have a look at inkscape.org a free cross platform package
which supports layers and has a variety of imoprt options.

--
besters..
          Ned