Re: [artworks] Coming soon: ArtWorks 2.8 with PDF import

  • From: Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 22:38:52 +0100

In message of 11 Apr, Paul Sprangers <Paul@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear Martin,
>
> PDF import...
> I think, this is an incredible achievement.
> What will be your next step? RISC OS 8, perhaps?

So am I.  I regularly create large size graphics (family trees and the
like) on my Mac which won't drive the large printer here.  But the
Iyonix and RPC will drive this printer so I have to expeort them from
the Mac as PDF and in RISC OS convert them to Draw, via PDF, and then
print them. But the conversion to Draw is not perfect, one or two
glitches are to be found, particularly with shadow effects [1].  So I'm
looking forward to an improved conversion of the incoming PDF so that
the prints look better.

[1] I have done the shadows within A-W but it takes ages to do a large
    family tree.

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe                                          tim@xxxxxxxxx
             For a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/