Re: [artworks] Colour Management

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 19:27:21 +0100

In message <4eaac3c3d7a-graphics@xxxxxxxxxx>
          Richard Ashbery <a-graphics@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As a drawing becomes more complex the colour bar can become a mess. For
> example - I am working on a picture where I needed a sequence of
> very-dark-green, dark-green, mid-green. I then generated the colour
> buff-yellow. I subsequently created a further colour, (light-green)
> upsetting the logical colour-bar sequence.
>
> What is the best way to keep colours in order. Is there any simple way
> of re-ordering the colour sequence.

Unfortunately no, but this has been requested many times and I suspect
I will finally give in and add that feature. ;-)

> One of the things I do miss is that in Vantage the colours could be
> dragged to other positions on the colour bar, thereby maintaining a
> logical sequence and colour names were also displayed when the pointer
> hovered over them.

If you have interactive Help enabled, ArtWorks displays the colour
name when you hover the pointer over a colour field. Maybe I will add
some ArtWorks-specific tool tips for the colour names one day - I
never use interactive help myself (I find it too intrusive).