[artworks] Colour Management

  • From: Richard Ashbery <a-graphics@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ArtWorks <artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 14:27:34 +0000 (GMT)

As a drawing becomes more complex the colour bar can become a mess. For
example - I am working on a picture where I needed a sequence of
very-dark-green, dark-green, mid-green. I then generated the colour
buff-yellow. I subsequently created a further colour, (light-green)
upsetting the logical colour-bar sequence.

What is the best way to keep colours in order. Is there any simple way
of re-ordering the colour sequence. I have tried editing the ColTable
but invariably seem to end up with wrong colours.

One of the things I do miss is that in Vantage the colours could be
dragged to other positions on the colour bar, thereby maintaining a
logical sequence and colour names were also displayed when the pointer
hovered over them. However I would never return to this unreliable
package - so many things looked as though they should work but just
didn't. With ArtWorks things just work.

Regards

Richard