Re: [artworks] Artworks and RISC OS 6

  • From: DitUnDat@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 17:29:32 +0200

In message <4ee678aed2brian.jordan9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Brian Jordan <brian.jordan9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> AW 2.62
> RISC OS 6.06
> Virtual RPC-Adjust
>
> On loading ArtWorks I get an Error from ArtWorks "Filing system or path
> 'ostFS' not present." If I try to load AW from an ADFS disc the message
> is "Filing system or path 'DFS' not present." Loading continues after
> clicking on "OK" but the main AW window opens with a black background.
>
> 21 May 13:39:53 120 ADFS::IDEDisc4.$.Artworks2.!ArtWorks2.FileEnsure:
> This transient utility uses an obsolete executable file format which is
> no longer supported by RISC OS (ignored)
>
> 21 May 13:39:53 120 ADFS::IDEDisc4.$.Artworks2.!ArtWorks2.ProcMode: This
> transient utility uses an obsolete executable file format which is no
> longer supported by RISC OS (ignored)
>
> Is this something I can fix?

AFAIK the command line Select 4 / RISC OS 6 passes to the apps is
slightly strange since it adds a spourious blank to the command line
after the name of the program, that is if called with no parameters it
gets a trainling space after the program name in the command line and if
called with parameters there are two spaces after the program name and
before the first parameter.

AFAIK Martin fixed this in 2.63 so that the upgrade might indeed help,
or you hop directly to 2.73 which offers some more features...

--
Herbert

Herbert zur Nedden
German Archimedes Group http://www.gag.de

Herausgeber DER deutschen RISC OS-Zeitschrift.