Re: [artworks] AW graphics tutorials

  • From: Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 17:52:29 +0100

In message of 4 Aug, Richard Ashbery <a-graphics@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Feedback wanted on possible AW tutorials
>
> Does anyone share my concern that there is nothing published showing
> how AW can be used in practical applications.
>
> With Louies idea (csa newsgroups) of a new RISC OS magazine I have
> also been toying with the idea of putting together a small series of
> AW graphic tutorials much like the ones I submitted to Qercus.
>
> I realise that some users will prefer to read a screen-based manual
> but my experience is that many prefer "hard copy" that is easy to read
> and doesn't clutter the screen. I envisage an A5 pamphlet-style format
> detailing the construction of a particular graphic image. A charge
> would be made to cover the design work, printing and postage etc. for
> each one. Of course if Louies magazine takes off then it will probably
> make the idea redundant.
>
> I would appreciate your thoughts.

By all means put this in a magazine, but I tend to bin magazines (space
problems) and always have trouble finding the issue with the right
article in it.  So I would prefer a separate booklet, perhaps at a later
date, which would take up less space and be far easier to reference.
Just to make it clear: I would love to have the odd tutorial book or
article from an experienced user of Art Works.

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe                                          tim@xxxxxxxxx
             For a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/