[artworks] AW graphics tutorials

  • From: Richard Ashbery <a-graphics@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ArtWorks <artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 15:30:11 +0100

Feedback wanted on possible AW tutorials

Does anyone share my concern that there is nothing published showing
how AW can be used in practical applications.

With Louies idea (csa newsgroups) of a new RISC OS magazine I have
also been toying with the idea of putting together a small series of
AW graphic tutorials much like the ones I submitted to Qercus.

I realise that some users will prefer to read a screen-based manual
but my experience is that many prefer "hard copy" that is easy to read
and doesn't clutter the screen. I envisage an A5 pamphlet-style format
detailing the construction of a particular graphic image. A charge
would be made to cover the design work, printing and postage etc. for
each one. Of course if Louies magazine takes off then it will probably
make the idea redundant.

I would appreciate your thoughts.

Regards

Richard Ashbery

My new web-site is at: (http://www.a-graphics.freeuk.com) with the
original replication examples, plus a new section on photography.
There is a thumbnail section on some of my earlier work using
Photodesk and the now deprecated Vantage.