[AR] Re: Successful liquid launch at FAR

  • From: Henry Spencer <hspencer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Arocket List <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 16:43:16 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 16 Jan 2022, Robert Watzlavick wrote:

I finally launched my 250 lbf LOX/kerosene rocket yesterday at FAR. It got to 10800 ft with a 10 second burn and winds were calm so there were no weathercocking issues off the rail. The drogue and main deployed as intended and we recovered it about 6000 ft down range.

Congratulations! You've been at this quite a while -- glad to see it fly! And doubly so to see everything work and a successful recovery.