[AR] Re: Speed sensor for pump shaft

  • From: "Monroe L. King Jr." <monroe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 18:11:48 -0700

Ah yes I can see that as a possibility I'm going with ceramic bearings.
Ones that can be run dry for short periods.

From: "Bob Herguth" <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, November 20, 2015 2:42 am
To: <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm familiar with variable reluctance sensors. I believe that's what
you're
referring to. They produce a signal that increases in frequency and
amplitude
as the rpms increase. Signal conditioning is required to prevent the high
voltage produced from exceeding the limits of a uC.

-- Bob