[AR] Re: PIKSI GPS test...

  • From: George Herbert <george.herbert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 18:58:24 -0700

Hmm. Wonder if someone could signal capture the analog signal off one of these
under launch-like Gs and see if it was signal quality or processing electronics
or too fast for tge digital side.

George William Herbert
Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 18, 2015, at 3:48 PM, Ken Biba <kenbiba@xxxxxx> wrote:

The good news. Regained lock at apogee.

Likely still needs receiver sensitivity improvements so ITAR limited rather
than RX sensitivity limited.

What antenna did you use Paul?

Might still be usable for altitude records exceeding uBlox limits.

Ken Biba
Novarum, Inc.
415-577-5496

On Jul 18, 2015, at 3:01 PM, Paul Breed <paul@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ok I flew an HPR with a PIksi...

I used the latest S/W from Swift with the dynamics turned to maximize the
chance of maintaining lock.

It did not maintain lock.

Lost lock on ignition, regained lock at apogee....
It was really windy so we had a lot of horizontal velocity (204 knots) when
drogue deployed.
Shredded the electronics bay and thus landed hard with no main deploy.

Fortunately other than a shredded electronics bay rocket seems ok...

I've got more experiments in the series planned I'll keep you posted..

Paul