[AR] Re: Or, was it a good day?

  • From: Ben Brockert <wikkit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 22:07:56 -0400

Here's the joke in MS Paint form by some guy on Reddit:
https://i.imgur.com/btzyA0N.jpg

Word on the grapevine is that they tried to deploy parachutes, but
it's complex and wasn't a prebaked contingency script. O'course grapes
lie sometimes.

This just in: an 'anonymous coward' is disappointed that no one has
made a "falcon nein" joke yet.

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 9:43 PM, Rand Simberg <simberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

While cargo Dragon has recovery systems, it has no "abort software," AFAIK.
One can argue wither it should have or not, but the focus has been on
Version 2 for abort.

On 2015-07-01 18:36, Craig Fink wrote:

Not even one lol.

I'll explain it then.

"Of Course I Still Love You"* is the name of the autonomous spaceport
drone ship.
"Dragon" is the name of the autonomous drone spacecraft.

Unverified, but, launch day was reported to be Elon Musk's B'day.

"Dragon" fell of his ride "Falcon" on a trajectory that would hit the
bulls-eye Of "Course I Still Love You". **

What I was wondering was, why "Dragon" failed to use all that
wonderful abort software that opens the parachutes to save the
"Astronauts***" ****

https://youtu.be/wcHD9AmkxA0?t=43s [1]

* I didn't name it
** Pure Speculation
*** Cabbages
*** I think they died **

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 7:58 PM, Craig Fink <webegood@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Of Course I Still Love you, Dragon. You can land on my deck
anytime.....

Happy Birthday Elon, better luck next time.--

Craig Fink
WeBeGood@xxxxxxxxx

--

Craig Fink